Monday 12 October 2015

Life on a shoestring




I'm feeling the yellow this year. It's always been a colour I never connected with, but this year something changed. It must be the summer calling me, telling me to return to my warm and sunny homeland in Italy. And I will do just that, in less than two months. I'll be leaving Ireland, where I've spent more than a decade and all my adult life, to return to Tuscany and try to make a life there again. It's going to be a challenge. In the meantime, I'm going to enjoy this island as much as possible. And the friends I'll leave behind, like the wonderful Karen who took these pictures. Thanks Kaz for the lovely weekend. 

The title of this post comes from a spur of the moment, to tie a shoestring around my collar. I've seen pictures with shirts and ribbons, and they look lovely but I didn't have a ribbon than went with this outfit so I just took a shoestring. I think it's going to be my signature look from now on :)

Details: 
Jumper ~ Pimkie
Shirt ~ charity shopped
Shorts ~ Forever 21
Shoes ~ Schuh
Bag ~ H&M a while ago




    
    




7 comments:

  1. Love the mustard and maroon combination. Reminds me of colours my sisters wore in the 70s. That I've seen in photos obviously, not real life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha of course :)
    yeah love 'em too. The '70s were the best for everything really.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hehe it's my new thing :) I'm all grown up now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect shoes. Love them! Beautiful layering with the bright sweater and denim top, too!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They're my pretty pretty shoes. I love them too :)
      thanks for stopping by (ノ*゜▽゜*)

      Delete