Saturday 17 October 2015

Rainbows, lollipops & roller skates


If the good Lord had intended us to walk,
he wouldn't have invented roller skates. 

 Willy Wonka









I had so much fun taking these photos. I hadn't put on my roller skates in yeeeeears. It was great to know I can still skate and putting together this outfit was half of the fun. Skates are '80s retro so of course everything else followed. There's a whole story behind that jacket Back in 2011 I participated in a Fringe festival project in Dublin. A woman decided to declutter her house and opened up a shop, giving away all her stuff, in exchange for advice on lots of different things. She had a list of questions, and you could pick one question in exchange for one item. The website for the project is still up. So that's how I got this jacket. I wore this same pink tutu at Pride this year. You can't really see it but it sparkles. The skates I bought a while ago in Office. And the Star Wars backpack I borrowed from Karen. She says it's from Tesco and it used to contain boys swimwear? You can never have too much Star Wars stuff, especially borrowed stuff. 
Oh and if you squint you can see Pippi Longstocking on my necklace. It comes from Barcelona, I wish I remember the name of the shop.

Now my once-injured foot hurts but it was so worth it.

Thanks to Karen for all the photos and video <3

Details:
Pink tutu ~ Claire's 
Jacket ~ Topshop, swapped for life advice.
Skates ~ Office, a long time ago
Stripey top ~ charity shopped
Glitter heart shades ~ Penney's (Primark) a good while ago
Gloves ~ a present





2 comments:

  1. Hehe. Radness. I love all of the colors. Bright and happy! Awesome backpack, too!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete